The following are testimonials from our members that were posted in the introductions section of our forum within its first few days of existence. They are first hand accounts of how they quit chewing tobacco with the help of a quit community. These stories are real.

Freedom – by Farmboy wt

I’m WT, a 55 yr. old grandfather!
I’ve been a nicotine addict for nearly 40 years! I took a break for 3 1/2 years in the early 80’s but returned to my using Copenhagen! Like many others I found brotherhood online and have been quit since April 1, 2018. Taking my life back one day at a time ranks very high on the list of rewarding events in my life! The story of my quit is long and parts are very personal. As time passes I will share more of my experiences!
If you are reading this and ready to take that step to quit, I’ll be here for you!

I Quit Today – by Tex

On November 13, 2011 I made the best decision of my life. I decided to take my life back and kick the nic bitch square in her mouth. This was 300+ days ago and I still fight the fight against her everyday. Sure it’s easier than that first couple of weeks, but everyday I wake up and make a promise to my brothers, my family, and myself that I will not use nicotine today. There is no magical day when you will be “cured”. You are forever an addict just as I am. I used smokeless tobacco for about 17 years and I think I will always have cravings for a dip.

Treat your quit like everyday is the first day and you will have success IMO. Remember how much bad the suck is that first week. Never let yourself go back through that again. My stance on this irritates some, but when I got in to the mind set that yesterday was day 1, today is day 1, tomorrow will be day 1, it got easier. Just quit for today. Don’t worry about yesterday or tomorrow as you can’t change those at this point. All you can do is Quit today.

Do forums like this work? Absolutely. As the vets here know, I was banned from another site due to an argument with a mod. I was 250 or so days in to my quit when this happened. I went on another 50 days or so and was fine, kept in contact but it wasn’t enough. I hit a little rough patch and damn near lost it. I almost gave back my 300 or so days of quit. I needed the accountability of a place like this to survive. So, I decided to start a new account on this other site and start posting in a new group. I told my old group about it and the response was overwhelmingly “Do it if you need to”. What is the moral of this story? Don’t think after some magical number of days that you are “cured” because you aren’t. Stay close to the site and make your promise daily. It takes no time at all to do this. Don’t be one of the many people who leave and come back at some point posting a day 1.

Why Im Here – by Mcarmo

My name is Mike, if you are like me you have tried to quit numerous times on your own. And if you are like me you always failed. Two things changed on Nov 3rd 2011 for me. I was ready to admit I was an addict and I found a site like this that helped guide me through the first 100 days. The system works. Post roll everyday, get to know the other quitters on the site, and buy into the fact that you are an addict. Everyday gets better.

Hello From San Diego – by cmark

Ok cmark here … Mark in San Diego ..

I am 189 days QUIT today and I am grateful to the men who helped me get and STAY Quit ….

PM me anytime … If you are reading this .. you are NOT HERE BY ACCIDENT. If I can get and stay QUIT so can you … Welcome to a new way of life. You too can do this.

Luv M :)

I’m Quit – by Timeless117

My name is Scott. I started dipping at 14 years old sitting outside of my high school when I saw some kids take a tin of Skoal Bandits. I put two in and got a rush like I had never felt before. I immediately asked them to buy me a tin of whatever they were getting which turned out to be Kodiak Ice. They promptly stole my 5 dollars and I went to just get my own tin. Flash forward 12 years and I’m still dipping. Never thought I’d go that long. I signed up on another site and started reading. Things sounded good. I asked about some fake dip to try and they told me to sign up.
It’s now been 394 days I’ve had my last dip. While it’s been tough, I would not change it for the world whatsoever. I owe these guys here and on the other site my life.

Share →

One Response to Member Testimonials

1. Paul says:

Your stories inspire me just about 2 weeks out and I got the f••k it attitude I’m tired gaining weight and just miss the buzz thank you so much for keeping on track

Leave a Reply

TheQuit_org @QuitandStayQuit You have to understand YOUR triggers and how to avoid & deal with them, and be prepared with non-nicotine alternatives.
TheQuit_org @StopSmokingGlos Thanks for the follow! Anyone in the good fight against tobacco is a friend of ours! Thank you for all that you do!!